Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

Training for 5K

I've done a little rock climbing...

I have run away from a  few snakes...

I have walked on some pretty trails...









Here's a video of my beginnings...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhlju__S3Cs
I do have to get back to the gym and do some weights...I did really enjoy some of those weight machines there.  When I think about it, it is not that I don't enjoy exercise...there seems to be some different ways to exercise that are fun.  And yet, I had the feeling that I always had to be increasing the intensity of what I was doing and the time committment to  continue to lose weight.  Between all that focusing on how many points this food has and what I had left in the day and what was I going to be happy eating and THEN to throw in torturing myself with so many hours at the gym I was caught thinking, "when do I get to have time for what I want to do?"

I am in this training period with my mind right now.  Rethinking ALL of it.  See, I don't focus on food at all anymore.  I just love that!  I just do what my leader Carol said to do..."pile it high and keep it free!"  I am SO SATISFIED with my food and I do not feel deprived in the least.  I do not think, "I can't wait until Slimming World is over so I can eat a_____...or drink a _____.  And face it, I know what those ______'s taste like anyways and if I really want one I can have it.  Right now though, I am satisfied and I don't need it to be satisfied and I love the results.  Do you know that my size smaller jeans that I just bought 2 weeks ago I can already put my whole arm right down my leg when I have them on...they are too big!  Yet I don't feel the size 12's are loose enough to go down to them yet.  But when you are only lasting 2-3 weeks on a jeans size you have to look at it and realize that you are satisfied in more than one way!

I don't want all this loose skin dangling around...and I have more energy to do things so I am trying a bunch of new exercise options to find a few that I might find as satisfying as my new way of eating, 'cuz I love that...so stand by because I will post about those too as I post recipes and haul groceries...

and for now, I am tuckered out...hey there isn't a snake in this picture is there?
I am getting SMALLER...

No comments:

Post a Comment