Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

Blueberry Burgers and Slimming World Fries!


Okay!!! As promised!!!  These are not empty promises out there!  And a shout out to Don who wants more recipes with Hatch Chilies!  Don is doing GREAT on Slimming World, I think he is "slimmer of the week" every week!
Blueberries are supposed to be brain food and we all know I need more brain food so why not add them to burgers!  My go-to girl Marcia gave me the recipe and I tweaked it to be more SW friendly.  You can see me make them on my youtube video by clicking  here!

I am so excited about all the new friends who are following the blog and the Youtube channel!  You are from the US and from abroad and I am hearing from you by email, facebook and  in comments and personal messages!  I can never have enough friends or meet enough of you.  YOU GO Marilena in Georgia!

Well, enough of my dribble...Marcia's recipe does not call for Hatch and if you have poblano peppers they might be a little similar.  You don't need to add it but I am just adding it to everything lately, 'cuz I am in luv!  In love with Hatch, with Slimming World and with my new happy, energetic lifestyle, my size 14 jeans and with you,  my friend...stay posted as I hatch more ducky ideas!

1 pound (16 0z) 96% lean ground beef
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup chopped blueberries
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic, crushed
freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup dry oatmeal, quick oats or chop in blender

Mix all ingredients well and form into 4 patties.  Place on outside grill or broil in your oven broiler.

< 1 syn per burger

Slimming World Fries
 Laurel style

3 or 4 Russet Potatoes
Seasoned Salt
Pam Spray
Parchment paper

Peel and Cut potatoes in fy shapes.  Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray with Pam.  Par boil the fries 3 minutes.  Drain in a colander and spread on parchment.  Spray them with Pam and sprinkle with Seasoned salt. Bake at 400 F for 25 minutes, turning after 12 minutes.

Enjoy and don't forget that at least one third of your plate should be something really slimming!

No comments:

Post a Comment