Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Diet Coke Chicken and all things plain amazing!



Now I cannot take credit for this one, only for passing it along! But this is the important thing here; you can take your own plain ol' recipe and convert it to something very Slimming World friendly.  If there are any ingredients with syns then try to find a substitute that is syn free OR divide the total number of syns by the number of servings.  I have a recipe like this that I make in the Crockpot for Pulled Pork...it is simple 1 pork shoulder, 1 can diet coke or Dr. Pepper and 1 bottle barbeque sauce of your choice...cook in a crock pot for several hours and shred for sandwiches.

This is a take on that and I have come up with loads of ideas springing forth from it...here goes, first the recipe and then the ideas!

 3 boneless breasts sliced raw chicken
1 12 oz can diet coke (can use  diet Dr. Pepper)
1 cup diced onion
7 TBSPs tomato puree (not paste)
salt and pepper
dash worcestershire sauce

Spray Skillet with my friend Pam.  Saute chicken until pink is gone along with onions.  Salt and Pepper the chicken and onions.  Add diet coke, 7 TBSP pureed tomato (NOT PASTE) and dash worcestershire sauce.  Simmer until thickened up a bit.  YUUUUMMMM! And sooooo SYN FREE!

Now for the ideas...

*  Serve it over a baked potato!
*  Make a barbeque sandwich on a B choice Deli thin!
*  Roll it up with shredded cabbage in a Flat out bread!
*  Make a Flat out BBQ Chicken Pizza with it!
*  Eat it for a SNACK...it is SYN FREE and chicken and tomato are super slimming, right?
*  Add some Hatch to it for sure, Ya know I am lovin' my Hatch peppers.
*  Make it with Ground Beef for a Barbeque (not as super slimming)
*  Eat it while you watch my latest grocery haul at this link.
*  Make my Pulled Pork recipe substituting a whole 14 oz. can of crushed tomato in the crock pot! Just make sure you remove all the visible fat.

The guy who makes it has his own Youtube version I posted on my Facebook page. I tweaked it a bit because he uses products that we can't get here in the US.   

Did I tell you  that I LOVE SLIMMING WORLD? Oh, I didn't remember saying it.  I am going to have another big weight loss this week, from what I can see so far on the scales.  It is just how my body does it.  I am consistent in what I eat from week to week and I have a big loss and then my body plays around with a pound or so for 2 or three weeks and then I have another big loss.  I have done it 5 or 6 times now.  I could graph it out! 

But the whole effect is that I'm gettin' Smaller!  Watch the Youtube and see for yourself!

Shout out to all of you who are watching and wondering about all of this...ya, I am having so much fun doing SlimmingWorld...wish you were here with me!  And no, I don't get a kickback if you join and I do not work for them (HEY SLIMMING WORLD,  WANT TO HIRE ME...I WILL COME TRAIN IN ENGLAND!) and you can do this  online with me at http://www.slimmingworldusa.com/.  But if you do, let me know so we can have fun together, eh? 

Oh, and I walked to the High School football game and back (we won, of course.) This is a great dish for football season!

No comments:

Post a Comment