Hey, we do FUN stuff at Slimming World! This was the LOVELY raffle basket and recipe put together by my friend Annie for last week. She says that the recipe is one of her family favs and I promised to post it so here goes! Hey I took a picture of this so you could see the products so you would know you were getting the right thing, smart huh? I really took the picture so I COULD GET THE RIGHT THING. Enjoy and thanks Annie, you are the bestest!
· 1 small roasted chicken (grocery store roasted chickens are great!)
· 2 cans diced tomatoes (fire roasted is preferred)
· 5 cloves of garlic
· 1 can Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
· Crumbled fat free feta cheese (A choice)
· Optional*** reduced fat sour cream*** for syns
· 1 can corn
· 1 red onion
· 1 jalapeno
1. Dice the jalapeno and ½ of the onion into small squares, keeping as many seeds from the jalapeno as you desire. Place in a bowl and mix with equal part of drained corn. Set aside.
2. Shred the meat off of the roasted chicken into bite size pieces, getting as much of the meat as you can, set aside.
3. In a large pan, over medium heat, spray with pam then press the garlic into the pan. Cook until garlic is fragrant and sizzling, stirring occasionally. 1-2 minutes.
4. Chop into fine pieces 2 chipotle peppers. Add the tomatoes with their purée and the peppers into the pan. Add two large tablespoons of the Adobo sauce from the pepper can. Simmer until the mixture has slightly thickened, about 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the shredded chicken to the tomato mixture and cook until hot, 1–2 minutes. Remove from heat.
6. Chop up the lettuce into rough pieces, place desired amount in bottom of your individual serving dish. Top with tomato chicken mixture. Garnish with desired amount of feta cheese, fresh cilantro and corn mixture!