Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Talkin' turkey about Thanksgiving preparations...



It doesn't get more REAL than this!  All I can say is that last year at this time I waited and waited in line to have Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond sign some cookbooks for me.  DELICIOUS, but laden with fat recipes.  Hey Ree, I loved meeting you and I love your blog...but I have lost a ton of weight since then.  I loved your throwdown on Bobby Flay too...and you did win hands down (love you too Bobby)...but we have to get serious here with America's health.  Can you help me transform delicious recipes into ones that are healthy for us?  I'll come out to the ranch and you can see in person all the real food I can eat and still lose weight!





Here are some of my tips for making my holiday a healthier one:

*  Plan to get some exercise in...ya, me...just sayin'...better get it in early in the day before the turkey starts talkin' nap time to ya.
*  Make some fat free or low fat options to take to your party or to serve at your table.
*  Remember that turkey is a super slimming food!  So, 1/3 of your plate in turkey!  Leave the gravy behind and the stuffing which has soaked up all the fat.
*  Have plenty of to-go cartons handy to send all that food home with others.
*  Be plenty thankful for your health and family and for Slimming World coming to the US!

Love ya!
Suzy, Marcia, Ree, Laurel, Dawn...last year I was eating differently and this year I am planning for success!  How about you?

3 comments:

  1. You cutie patootie! Happy Thanksgiving, friend! I'm smoking my turkey, lots of lightly steamed fresh veggies, mashed potatoes (yeah, with a little Country Crock), and mashed butternut squash. I'll take any leftover pumpkin from the pie and add it to the squash. NOM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, what a difference a year makes! WOWSERS!!!

    ReplyDelete